Today the blog tour for Glitch is stopping by, hosted by Shane at Itching for Books. We have for you today a giveaway for a copy of the book, so keep reading to enter! Be sure to visit the rest of the blog tour stops for reviews, playlists, excerpts, interviews and more!
In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.
Release: 7 August 2012
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.
When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.
As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.
About HEATHER ANASTASIU:
Find Heather on:
Heather recently moved to Minneapolis with her family, and when she’s not busy getting lost exploring the new city, she spends most days writing at a café.
Random Facts About Heather:
- I played the piccolo in my high school marching band.
- I paint a little, but for some reason, only in winter.
- So, the last name, I know it looks like Anastasia, but it has a U on the end: Anastasiu (rhymes with ‘so-nice-to-see-you’). It’s Romanian in origin.
- I like body art. Well, I like art of all kinds, but especially body art, i.e. tattoos, because it’s the art you get to take with you. I figure, there’s so much about the body we’re given we don’t have control over (hips, nose, forehead, chin, height, foot size, health), so much that we get no choice in, but hair color and ink designs? Hello world, this is me and the kinds of things I find beautiful!
- I was in a wheelchair for a year during college because of health problems. Being wheel-bound and knee-high for a year certainly changed my perspective on life (pun intended).
- Yes, I am a fan of cheesy puns.
- My favorite book is East of Eden because it blew open my world when I first read it at age 20.
- I also unabashedly love Twilight. I even wrote a chapter in a forthcoming book of academic essays about how Twilight, for all its shortcomings, can also have positive implications for readers in that it provides a platform for public participation in a communal female myth. It’s compulsively readable and is all about engaging our fantasy lives and letting us participate in vicarious wish fullfillment.
- I like pink and black together, but not apart.
For your chance to win finished copy and signed bookmark of Glitch, all you have to do is use the widget below. This giveaway is US ONLY.
Are you as excited for Glitch as we are? Let us know in the comments below!
Tags: Heather Anastasiu