Welcome to this stop on the blog tour for No More Goddesses by Kim Baccellia. Today we have a guest post from Kim and a chance to win prize pack below!
Guest Post from Kim Baccellia
The Goddess Hathor
In my YA fantasy, No More Goddesses, not only does the film icon Audrey Hepburn play an important part in my protagonist Jordan’s life but another individual from Egyptian mythology pops up: Hathor.
When writing this novel I thought it would be fun to have a goddess of romance to mess with Jordan and her friends. I wanted someone exotic and different then the usual Greek mythological characters. I decided to choose one from Egyptian mythology as my brother-in-law Eihab is an Egyptian national and my sister is studying to be an Egyptologist.
I thought Angelina Jolie would be perfect as Hathor. She’s gorgeous and seems like she’d have just the right wicked humor to fit the role.
I thought it would be fun to see what others might know about this goddesses. So here’s some trivia questions (answers further down the blog post):
1. What are the names of the other goddesses Hathor is tied to?
2. What animal is on her crown?
3. What is the flip side to her romantic feature?
4. Which TV show had Hathor show her darker side?
5. What are her other names?
6. Who’s her father?
About No More Goddesses by Kim Baccellia
Release: 19 June 2013
Publisher: Zumaya Thresholds
Jordan Lake discovers an ancient bracelet in her grandmother’s house and uncovers a family mystery that links her favorite actress, Audrey Hepburn, a romantic movie, and an aunt she never knew. Jordan hopes the bracelet will bring her love.
Instead, it brings one nightmare after another, unleashing Hathor, the Egyptian love goddess, who decides it’s fun to mess with the McKnight High School social scene. Jordan holds the key to vanquish Hathor, but will she figure out what it is in time to save her school, one of her best friends, and get a date to the Valentine’s Day dance?
About Kim Baccellia:
When writing No More Goddesses, Kim Baccellia watched almost all of Audrey Hepburn’s movies and learned to love this famous icon. She went on to watch and read all she could on Audrey. She has always had a secret desire to travel to Egypt and visit the pyramids. The closest she’s come to fulfilling this dream are her younger sister Autumn and Egyptian-national brother-in-law Eihab, who were kind enough to share some things with her, including a Hathor sistrum and some incense.
Kim’s other works include Crossed Out, a YA paranormal, and a YA multicultural urban fantasy, Earrings of Ixtumea.
A member of YALITCHAT and RWA, Kim is writing book two in the Goddesses series. She’s also revising a New Adult multicultural suspense adventure novel. She lives in Southern California with her husband, son, and two parrots.
Kim is giving away a NO MORE GODDESSES themed prize package! It includes:
– Signed copies of No More Goddesses and Crossed Out
– iTunes $15 gift card (the main character, Jordan, loves Taylor Swift!)
– No More Goddesses bookmarks
– a French tote bag
– Audrey Hepburn buttons (Jordan is a fan!)
The contest is open internationally, and runs until 6 September, one week after the blog tour ends.
Answers to Trivia
1. Hathor is Aphrodite in Greek mythology and Venus in Roman mythology. Perfect for more books in my Goddess series.
2. Her headdress is a pair of cow horns with a sun disk with uraeus in the front middle of the crown.
3. She’s also the Goddess of destruction. In my novel Hathor is more mischievous and bored. I mean, who wouldn’t be if they’d been locked away for a long time?
4. Stargate. Hathor is awakened and ends up using her influence to try to get the men to start an army.
5. She has many other names including Sky Goddess/Mistress of Heaven.
Thanks to to the author’s younger sis Autumn for helping with Hathor trivia!